Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Mother's Day Presents

I had a lot of fun with Mother's Day presents this year. I actually ended up stuck in jury duty for about a week and a half just before Mother's day so I was able to get all of my knitting done during the waiting and waiting and some more waiting that's involved with jury duty.

I went with two patterns.












The first pattern is the winged heart tatoo. I LOVED this pattern! I don't know if I can stress that enough. LOVED! These were so cute when they were done. I made two of these. They knitted up pretty quickly and the seaming was fast and easy. I wasn't sure that I would be able to pull off the cute font for "Mom" on the banner but it wasn't difficult. I embroidered the words on with a darning needle and black embroidery thread.















The second pattern is the basic rose. I crocheted little hand bouquets with four colorful roses in each bouquet. The pattern is super simple and the roses come out looking very pretty.



No comments: