Sunday, March 14, 2010

The Aviator


About a year after moving to Brooklyn, Chris came home with these gifts for me and our two roommates. They were these adorable little key chains from Kid Robot in SoHo. They all had the same little character but each was a bit different; one had a jet pack while another rode inside the head of a giant robot. I think it took about a year for Chris' to break. Now he just has a little jet pack left on the keyring and the character has long been missing. I'm not sure if our two old roommates still have theirs but mine has defied the odds and kept together. He's definitely taken a bit of a beating but every time I look at his happy, dirty, paint-peeled face it makes me smile, too.

1 comment:

lily said...

Believe it or not, I had the little key chain till last month when it fell off somewhere in the city. :( I was so sad to have had it all this time only for it to be lost...I hope it flew away on its little jet pack.